NetX Application Transaction Monitoring
The most important quality of an application is its reliability. Besides that, an application must be available around the clock and always perform well. To guarantee 24/7 availability and best performance, monitoring and clear agreements about what is acceptable (defined in SLAs) are of great importance. Usually, there is some vertical monitoring in the chain, but the outcome does not always reflect reality in the eyes of the end-user. NetX ATM makes it possible to monitor end-user experience and allows you to once again take control of application performance yourself!
That’s where NetX ATM comes in.
With ATM, organizations will be able to simulate behavior of end users through robotic operations. This creates an accurate and consistent picture of how end-users experience performance of a certain application. This impression can be used as a guideline for other network and application optimization but also as a mechanism to monitor the performance of these applications in an active way.
With the currently available ATM components NetDialog will be able to:
- Emulate the behavior of users of web-based applications by so called Transaction Scripts. These Transaction Scripts can consist of several logical steps (e.g. login with account information, then search for a specific contract, and log out);
- Next, Transaction Scripts can then be configured to test a specific application server with specific parameters (e.g. what server, which account information, etc.) using so called Transaction Tasks;
- Transaction Tasks can be executed in a scheduled way by one or more NetX ATM agents. The measurement data these Transaction Tasks will provide can be brought together in NetX, and with that become part of the dashboard that NetX provides. This will allow you to immediately establish a link between application performance and network characteristics.
With NetX ATM you can:
- Manage Application Peformance based on End user experience
- Determine application availability & performance
- Manage your network based on business needs